Friday, May 06, 2016

MAY 2016

Good grief, has it really been 8 months since I've written? Shame on me. There was so much going on in my life personally that I had to take a step back for awhile. After Pearl passed away my life spiraled downward with such grief that I was paralyzed for many months. Then, my mother passed away at the age of 94 on September 30. It was and was not expected but nonetheless, many changes with personal relationships, self evaluation and just life in general that caused me to pause life for awhile (and I still am).

Combined with a loss of appetite from the grief I also began a diet regimen and have lost about 60 pounds since I began a year ago; that in itself is an entire blog entry! (one word: Atkins). The "new me" was catapulted into the dating world and "oy vey", that's not just a blog entry, that is an entire book. Who knew men at 50 years old were still teenagers!!  Needless to say my married friends are getting a real kick out of my stories over dinner. This alone has sidetracked me like you wouldn't believe!

I am still buying stuff, selling, styling and involved at Top Hat Mercantile. The Curious Sofa website has been ignored (so sorry about that!) for months now but that is about to change as I want to load up many products for you in the next month.

I also landed a couple freelance gigs with Hallmark in the last few months. One displaying a trends report and another being their personal guide to the Round Top, Texas Antique Fair (yea, pinch me for that one!) and I have another in a few weeks. I am also redesigning the exterior of a local French Bistro so again, I am wearing many hats but it keeps things interesting.

Below is a peek of my spaces and what is in store this weekend during First Friday's at Top Hat. Some new vintage goods arrived from Texas and the Junk Jubilee show in Iowa. Hope to see you in the West Bottoms on KC!




















Post a Comment