Sunday, November 10, 2013

Christmas Has Arrived

Black Glass & Foil Sign
Whew! What a month this has been.

A month ago I dusted off my retail legs and joined the team at Good Ju Ju and did my first event driven sale since closing my own brick & mortar store. For 21 days I painted, fixed, wired, tagged, arranged and prepared my space to be the best I could manage. The night before the show (on Halloween!) I was at the space, all alone at 2 a.m., still tagging! And once home so wired I could not sleep. Friday morning, with 1-1/2 hours rest, I drug my bruised, sore and certainly tired body into the event to be welcomed by thousands (yes, thousands) of shoppers, friends, customers and family. For the next three days it was a whirlwind of activity and an eye opener of just exactly what First Friday shopping in the West Bottoms has become here in Kansas City.

First off, THANK YOU to all my loyal customers who came to see me. I have missed you and it was so lovely to catch up although I couldn't spend nearly the time with you I would have liked. Some of you couldn't even say hello (as I was carrying out a mantle!) but I saw you! And remember, there are two more chances to shop Curious Sofa Live: Next Saturday, November 16, Good Ju Ju is doing a special Project Warmth event. Shop 8:30-5. Then again, First Friday December 6, 7, & 8.