Wednesday, May 31, 2017

OPENING DAY

HAPPY JUNE EVERYONE!

For 18 days now I have been planning, remodeling, painting, hanging, hauling, organizing, styling, tagging and getting a 13' x 15' space into some sort of curious glory. I am not sure I have succeeded but the clock is ticking and opening day is less than 30 hours away, so the show must go on!

Not only am I excited for you to visit Curious Sofa in this new environment but I cannot wait for you to see Urban Mining and the other 30 dealers who have such an eclectic mix of items inside this shop. There are two floors that virtually look like two different stores- and that's a good thing as there is surely something for everyone.

The lower level (main entrance) is loaded with small spaces and smaller items but you never know what chair, hutch, chandelier or large object might be lurking within the layers of items. Upstairs is a sea of larger ethnic, bohemian and mid century furniture along with many decorative items from lamps to sculpture to art. (I am the bastard step child who is none of these things!) but it is good to be nestled in my own little room of curious goods so I can offer you something a little different.

I have miraculously crammed 3 booths of inventory into this new, smaller space and am mixing my Tobacco Road inventory (men's western shirts, boots, belts, and manly goods) along with women's summer linen and white cotton clothing. There will also be my great assortment of reproduction posters then of course, the occasional white painted table, chair, hutch, primitive items, ironstone, seasonal decor and my great mix of industrial lighting. Yes... it's crammed... but good and cozy!
I will post more pics later, so for now, below is one corner that is ready! 

OPEN TOMORROW (June 1) 5-8,  FRIDAY 9-9, SATURDAY 9-6, SUNDAY 12-5

 3923 Main St, 
Kansas City, MO


  



 

SHOP ONLINE 24/7 at CuriousSofa.com