Thursday, June 17, 2021

JUNE

It's going to hit 102˚ tomorrow in Kansas City so I am going to take a wild guess that this is a sign it is officially summer! I have never been much for the hotter weather (being the fair-skinned German girl that I am), yet every year I find myself saying, "How have I lived in this Midwest heat all my life?" I will add despite the rare dip in the pool, the one thing I do love about Summer is collecting decor for you.


This year, for the online shop and at my space at the Glenwood Antique Mall, I have payed homage to America's colors: the red, white and blue. I try not to overdo it as too much of the red and navy can take over a room but mixed with a lot of white, bleached wood, seashells, wicker and sea glass- it can be a handsome fit. (see the MAY blog post below).

For the Kansas City crowd, take note of the new/old furniture pieces just in at the mall for local pickup:
• A worn white SOFA TABLE (or desk as I would use it).


• 9 (yes, nine!) All white heavy duty CAPTAIN CHAIRS, just perfect for that giant farm table).


• This newer blue PAISLEY SIDE CHAIR. Oh if I had this color palette in my home it would not be leaving my hands as I am mad about most things paisley.

• And to sit in the corner, inside or out, this rare and outstanding giant BIRDHOUSE ready to take center stage as a conversation piece. (Think of the fun you could have decorating this for Christmas?!)

For the online store and all of you across the country, I have posted many smaller yet significant items on the website, ready to ship. 

Take note of the new online category: ART, featuring: 


FRAMED with vintage frames and newer art under glass. 

The popular TINY PRINT canvases with new summer images. 



PHOTOGRAPHY because I simply cannot pass up a good image from back when (I am restoring some better finds too and offering them at silly cheap prices so we can have an affordable memento), and finally . . .


EPHEMERA because I can't seem to pass up a great postcard or scrapbook collectible either. 

Grab an icy beverage and peruse through the website or stop in to Glenwood Antique Mall and look around!

Stay cool everyone! 

XOXO, Deb

Shop online www.curioussofa.com

Shop in Kansas City at the Glenwood Antique Mall