Sunday, April 07, 2013

Texas Finale (6 of 6)


And finally, the last in my series of images from the Round Top, Texas Antiques Fair. Start planning to attend the fall show during the last weekend of September.

Probably one of the coolest items I saw on this trip was this giant hardware sign above. All metal with neon and the same on both sides. $2,800 at Marburger Farms.
One booth with great industrial items at Excess.


A great gurney base perfect for a coffee table.

Behind the check out counter at Leftover's.





















Between shopping the fields, I managed to  mosey over to Rachel Ashwell's new B&B and event property, The Prairie. I was curious to see her retail venue there since I used to carry Shabby Chic furniture and bedding many years ago when I first became a retailer. Nestled about 6 miles from the main street of Round Top, this was a lovely layout of cabins, gardens and event hall. 


Pearl sitting on this great antique bench on the front porch of the retail shop.
Not to disappoint, a bed full of soft floral bedding with vintage chandeliers hanging from above.
True to form, Rachel uses one of her linen fabrics on her front porch swing.

Her signature down filled, slipcovered sofas.
I loved how she made a Texas flag pillow out of her Shabby Chic fabrics.

An old wedding dress hung over a cabinet door.
Pearl and I in front of an old pickup truck Rachel has as a prop in the yard of the store.